- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- WM Meats Lamb Shanks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup plum jam
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
Place flour and shanks in a bowl. Toss to coat.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over high heat.
Cook shanks, turning, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium-high.
Heat remaining oil in casserole.
Add onion, rosemary and thyme. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add wine. Simmer for 1 minute.
Stir in stock, sauce and jam. Season with pepper.
Add shanks. Bring to the boil. Cover dish.
Transfer to oven.
Bake for 1 hour.
Remove lid and baste shanks.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat is tender and falling from the bone.
Serve with mash and beans.
Download recipe for free