- WM Meats whole beef brisket
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp EACH black pepper, onion powder, mustard powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place Rub in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Rub all over WM Meats brisket with your hands. If time permits, leave for 30 minutes – 24 hours in the fridge.
- Combine BBQ Sauce ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix then add the brisket – squish it in if needed.
- Slow cook in slow cooker for 8 hours (1.5kg) to 10 hours (2 kg).
- Remove brisket onto a tray.
- Pour liquid in slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium high heat and reduce until it thickens to a syrup consistency (it thickens more as it cools).
- Meanwhile, drizzle brisket with oil then roast in a 200C/390F oven for 15 minutes until brown spots appear. Remove then baste generously with Sauce, then return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and baste again, then return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until it caramelises.
TO SERVE: Slice brisket thinly across the grain and serve with remaining BBQ Sauce. This is terrific served as a meal with sides or piled high onto rolls with Coleslaw as sliders.
Download recipe for free
Get this recipe on your mobile
Scan QR Code to view on mobile device.
iPhone (os11) camera or QR Code app.